The Associates is a group of young supporters in their 20s and 30s who share an interest in art and a commitment to Israel. Members enjoy a varied calendar of art programming throughout the year, including private collection visits, artist studio visits, curator-led exhibition tours, as well as trips, both nationally and internationally.
Contributions generated by the Associates are allocated for children’s activities at the Israel Museum’s Ruth Youth Wing.
Israel Museum International Council, Jerusalem
Benefits of Membership
• Exclusive members-only programming throughout the year in the LA area, including private collection visits, artist studio visits, Shabbat dinners, and curator-led tours at museums, galleries and auction houses
• Art-themed trips; past destinations have included Tel Aviv, Toronto, London and Chicago
• Complimentary admission to select LA art fairs
• Invitations to partner events
• Junior ticket pricing to AFIM benefit galas
• Free admission to The Israel Museum, Jerusalem, for you and a guest (please call the AFIM office in advance to arrange)
• Subscription to The Israel Museum magazine
• Invitation to The Israel Museum’s annual International Council meeting of supporters in Jerusalem every June
Select Past Events
• Visits to the studios of artists Daniel Arsham, David Wiseman, Alex Hubbard, Sayre Gomez, Will Boone, Peter Shire, John Houck, Sarah Ann Weber, Greg Ito, Mario Ayala, and Alfonso Gonzales, Jr.
• Receptions in the homes of collectors Leslie Rubinoff, Ron Handler, Valeria Sorci & Pierpalo Barzan, and Judith & Alexander Angerman
• Private tours of the Hammer Museum, LACMA, ICA LA, Getty Museum, UTA Artist Space and The Cabin LA
• Weekend in Chicago, including visits to the collections of Marilyn & Larry Fields and Gael Neeson & Stefan Edlis, dinner at Soho House hosted by Christie’s, and a private tour of Theaster Gates’s Rebuild Foundation